Communities in many forest and vegetable producing watersheds in Southeast Asia are suffering from poverty, and forest, soil and water resources degradation.
It is the objective of TMPEGS to:
- Technology: Develop economically viable and ecologically-sound vegetable-agroforestry (VAF) systems.
- Markets: Develop market value chain at the local, regional, and national levels that builds upon existing marketing strategies.
- Policy: Identify options and institutional frameworks that promote sustainability of vegetable-agroforestry production and reward environmental services.
- Environmental and socio-economic impacts: Assess the short and long-term environmental and socio-economic impacts for farm families ofadopting integrated vegetable-agroforestry systems.
- Gender: Provide mechanisms to ensure women’s involvement in decision-making and sustainable production and marketing practices to improve their socio-economic wellbeing within the vegetable agroforestry system.
- Scaling-Up: Build host country capacity to manage and disseminate integrated vegetable-agroforestry